Academic and professional background
- 2001-present: Teaching Electronic Science in the Dept. of Electronic Sc., Surendranath Evening College Kolkata. Presently Associate Prof. (since 2013) and Head of the department (since 2002)
- 2017-2018: Guest faculty in the dept. of Electronic Sc., University of Calcutta.
- 2010-2014: Visiting faculty in Physics at Ramkrishna Mission Residential College (Autonomous), Narendrapur.
- 2006-2007: Full time visiting lecturer for one year at Indian Institute of Science Education and research (IISER) Kolkata on lien from college.
- 2005-2006: Visiting research associate on purely honorary basis at Satyen Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SBNCBS) Kolkata with Prof. B. M. Deb in Chemical Physics.
- 2000-2001: Post-doctoral research-associate at Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, USA with Prof. Otto Sankey in Condensed Matter Physics.
- 1995-2000: Ph.D. in Chemical Physics and Theoretical Chemistry from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, supervisor: Prof. P. K. Chattaraj.
- 1991-1993: M.Sc. Physics specialization: Electronics from University of Burdwan, West Bengal (3rd rank).
- 1987-1991: B.Sc (Hons.) Physics from Presidency College (now Presidency University), Kolkata.
- 1987: Higher secondary: Ramkrishna Mission Residential College, Narendrapur (88th rank in West Bengal).
- 1985: Madhyamik: Ramkrishna Mission Vidyalaya Narendrapur (Merit scholar).